Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Child Support order fullfilled, he wants more

So last Nov. my ex. moved out of state, but my son decided to live with his sister in MA to finish high school (Senior Year). My court order for child support ended on his 18th birthday as stated in the court order. Now he is going to college and he is asking for me for additional child support saying he has talked to a lawyer. He started off with 200 a week and worked his way down to 100 a week. Its not a matter of me not wanting to "support" my child, its a matter of for the last 3 years ALL i have been is a bank!Two of my kids want nothing to do with my current wife or I unless it comes to wanting money. No phone calls, no happy birthday, no lets get together. Not for lack of our trying there is always an excuse! Anyway, I have read that it CAN continue through college if not specifically stated that support ends at 18, also he would have to live at least part-time with his mother while in college. My court order specifically states he is done at 18, and he does not live part time with his mother. Any thoughts?

If he is done at 18 then that is it, you have complied with the order and now child support is finished. If he requires more equity for child support then what you do is you write back to him and you require copies of invoices and receipts for any college fees and books etc etc and you say you will go half's with him