Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Discussing your 'unpopular' opinions

As the title states, this thread is dedicated to discuss any feedback or opinions you have on the game that are contrary to the general discussion. 

It feels like some threads on the forums have a slight tendency to become echo chambers rather than a developed discussion. I personally believe this to mostly be crowd appeasement; it doesn't feel nice to offer your own thoughts only to be criticized, ignored or insulted (e.g if you think X you aren't playing Y right). I think it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to stating one's opinion without having to worry about whether it fits in with the opinion you're 'expected' to have. 

To start, I'll throw out some of my own opinions that I don't believe are shared by others.

There are very few gear designs that are actually to my taste; the 'tribal garb that's missing fabric in some key areas' design gets very dull after both Heavensward and Stormblood used the crap out of the concept. That said, I can't think of any job-specific sets I didn't like (at in terms of the artifact armour sets). 

Personally, I still feel Bard is too much Archer and not enough Bard, it just comes across as the reverse because you can occasionally use a 'music-flavoured ability' every now (then continue raining poisoning arrows on the enemy, as poets are wont to do according to FFXIV).

Scholar feels the exact opposite of a strategist in normal combat because you (should) pre-plan the majority of your healing to maximize dps. Whenever you're called upon, instead of having to adapt to the fight and make tactical use of your abilities, you just press Indomitability and everyone's already at max HP. 

Lastly, I really enjoy having Cure and Raise on Red Mage and I'd happily take a dps loss if it meant giving Red Mage more healing/support oriented spells and abilities.