Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PSA: Macro Sound Effects Harm People with Sensory Issues

Full Disclosure: I am a disabled adult with PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression. I am also suspected of having Asperger's Syndrome, which is high-functioning on the Autistic Spectrum. I have experienced this first hand. I have also been harassed because I have dared to bring attention to this within the game. 

If you have sensory issues, high pitched and attention seeking sounds such as the macro sound effects can cause panic, headaches, migraines, and emotional outbursts. I have many of my sounds turned down to less than 10%. I love Final Fantasy's music, voice acting, and many aspects of the game. But the macro sound effects, though a useful tool for some, are making me consider quitting the game. Because when I get a migraine, it comes with the full pain: aura, nausea, severe pain in on one side of brain, panic, and overall an inability to properly function, much less play and enjoy a game. Macro Sound effects are the only sounds in this game I hate and despise. 

You may ask, well why not ask them not to use the sound effect? Well people put them into their skill macros for raise, healing, protect, and other sort of necessary skills. It literally cannot be avoided, and once people are in a dungeon, despite knowing they are causing someone intense pain, they'd rather not take 5 seconds to edit their macro and remove the sound effect. Or, because people are rude and think it is fun to troll people with sensory issues, will spam it even more just because I dared to even ask them not to use them. 

Square Enix, I implore you to allow a check box to eliminate macro sound effects. You have given special attention to those with color blindness and edited some of the new huds specially for them. Please, as a request from someone who otherwise adores your game and has spent a ton supporting this game, either remove macro sound effects entirely, or give us an OPTION CHECK BOX to remove them. I have even muted the tell sound effect. 

If you do not understand why this is major, here is a video explaining what Autism is like and what people with sensory issues may suffer on a day to day basis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M20DIK1Yt3A Full warning: DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU YOURSELF HAVE SENSORY ISSUES