Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Should I reopen my settlement?

Ex and I settled last September, and I had to pay him a buyout in exchange for no maintenance/spousal support. Throughout our 10 year marriage, he changed jobs 11 times (voluntarily) so I was always the stable one who made a lot more. He claimed to be unemployed throughout the entire court case, which lasted over a year - on his financial disclosure sheet, he did not list any income. 

Now, months later I've come to discover he was running a business that was registered under his sister's name for most of the year. He didn't take any income from the business during that year. However, early this year he got a very large lump sum from his sister when they sold the business. It was clearly planned as a way to hide income/assets. But they were smart about it - everything was under the sisters name, no money exchanged hands until the settlement was finalized. So will a judge see through this? Should I reopen things to fight this? Or do I just have to accept he's an asshole and suck it up? I don't want any of the business money but I would like the buyout amount I gave to him back.