Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Working through to establish my Spousal Support

I am in the middle of mediation to end our 31 year marriage. It's been very peaceful, but as I expected, being in the middle of the splitting of assets, determining spousal support, etc is intense and hard with lot's of fear - primarily with my husband. I'm guessing once we get through this part, we should be back to being pretty peaceful. He's been the worker, and has travelled over 75% of the time throughout most of our marriage - a huge piece of why we aren't able to make it the long haul. I've been home, holding down the fort and raising the kids. We have been able to live a very comfortable lifestyle, but in my opinion, always a little beyond our means. But that's another topic! 

I'm fighting to maintain, as close as I can, my Marital Standard of Living - within reason, of course. Until this is over, I have no idea what the realities are. My question today is this: He is a bigger spender than I am - for just one example, he reports that he spends the same as I do on groceries (I happily moved out to a little apartment a year ago) which is possible since he shops at high end places for the best seafood, and best wine even though he's rarely home. When he's on the "road", it costs him zero to eat. So when we put our FL-150's together into the Dissomaster, my spousal support was not nearly enough to meet my reported needs. 

I'm wondering if I go through his Income and Expense Declaration line by line, and challenge him to spend less, then that will leave more support for me. 
Am I on the right track? Thoughts? I have a zillion other questions, but this is where I am today. 

Thank you in advance for your input!

What's the dollar amount difference when you count his expense declaration and without? 

What is is his yearly gross income, according to his tax return?