Court Of Record Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Failure-to-File (CP59) Notice

i received my “Internal Revenue Service” notice today that I did not file my 1040 form.

Being that i changed my W-4 to “Exempt” two years ago, it’s only fitting they ask if i wish to renew my subscription. 🙂

This post is to start the discussion on how to handle this notice.

So far, i did draft:

Greetings to the man or woman who acts as an agent for the Internal Revenue Service,

i received a lovely notice [CP59] from somebody at your agency and i wish to know who the man or woman to speak with regards to said notice.

Thank you for your time and have a blessed day.

Thoughts and other ideas?

Primo Danielsen and John Smith have reacted to this post.
Primo DanielsenJohn Smith

Wow, been a while since ‘i’ posted this forum.
It makes me sad with sorrow no one has made a reply.
Update: I received replies from Alicia A. Hagen about the need to file, so I wrote back that any action for ‘i’ would be unnecessary as ‘i’ do not require [a] Benefit or Title from the Agency.
The notices stopped coming and it has been silence ever since.

Update 2: Got a letter from C[oleen]. K. O’Neal who put me into a “Withholding Compliance Program” that would instruct my “employer” to change my filing status from “Exempt” to “Single”.
They can’t go through me…so through my employer they will go. I underestimated the sneakiness 
I sent out my reply in 48 hours and overnighted the reply. Let’s see what happens. Please check forum “2801c letter from IRS” as I posted the story there.

Primo Danielsen and John Smith have reacted to this post.
Primo DanielsenJohn Smith

I greatly appreciate this thread. I’m 1099 private contractor. I drive a truck. I’m already w-9 which I understand is “exempt” from withholding. What do I do for filing? Do I just wait for the letter you received and respond accordingly? Any advice would help. Thank you

Greetings Nikolas,

How to File Federal taxes (or not) depends on multiple factors:

Where were you born, do you have income (profits not from one's own labor), do you wish to elect to be taxed?

Currently, from what you wrote, the Internal Revenue Service has you down as an U.S. Citizen, who MUST file a 1040.

The 1099(-MISC) puts the burden of taxes on the one receiving the compensation, so normally, unless agreed upon previously or within the Work Contract, no Social Security, Medicade/Medicare, or Income Taxes are withheld;

the W-9 is for U.S. Citizen/Person, who MUST file the 1040 Tax Return, to give a Social Security Number (SSN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), or Employer Identification Number (EIN) to the compensating Company/Business in order to complete Taxation records, so they can be sent to the Internal Revenue Service;

this is to keep the Company/Business who is paying the Contractor in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service.

W-9 - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf

Waiting/doing nothing i do not recommend, so let me suggest this video that is a great stepping stone in learning about this stuff.

"The new history of america" part 1 through 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shzpr63Q1mA&t=1105s

The Informer gives a lot of information to think about as it takes time and effort to understand how this works; so it might take a few listens to absorb all the details.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Alan. I’ve listened to all 6 once through already.